The Director of Human Resources and Organizational Development will be responsible for leading the team that maintains the company’s unique corporate culture, hires new talent and keeps all members of the organization aligned with the company’s mission and values. The HR Director will be responsible for supporting the company’s rapid growth and ensuring the right talent joins the team during extreme expansion. In addition, the HR Director will oversee all Training and Organizational Development implementing new strategies and conduct comprehensive training.
What you’ll do:
Strategic Human Resources and Talent Acquisition
· Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
· Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures
· Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
· Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
· Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
· Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization’s compliance.
· Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
· Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
· Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for the organization.
· Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
· Maintains employee benefits programs
Training Development Director Tasks
· Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with managers
· Identify training/professional development needs based upon development priorities
· Develop, revise and execute training programs that are in line with the overall corporate
· Monitor training and development programs
· Research emerging industry trends, new technologies, concepts and techniques to
update current training curriculum as appropriate
· Draw an overall or individualized training and development plan that addresses needs
· Deploy training methods requisite to support the diversity of Native Roots staff and
· Support the execution of effective induction and orientation sessions
· Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and
report results to executive leadership
· Develop and manage training budget
· Provide opportunities for ongoing development
· Resolve any specific problems and tailor programs as necessary
· Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices
· Manage and support training department employees to ensure that their duties are
strategically aligned with both the department and company goals