Phylos Bioscience creates groundbreaking science for the cannabis industry. Growers across the world use our genomic tools to bring high-quality products to market and provide safer, more reliable experiences for consumers. We are highly motivated to achieve enduring success with ethical and community-minded values at our core. We are in a post-funding, rapid growth phase, making this an amazing time to join our innovative team.
You are a dynamic sales and business development executive looking to bring your enthusiasm, energy, and experience to the cannabis industry. Sales is in your DNA and you are obsessed with acquiring new clients and nurturing existing customers. You are known for your out of the box thinking, crushing quotas, can do attitude, solid negotiating skills, and your ability to work with vastly different people to achieve consistent success. You thrive in an independent mode, but also value collaboration. You are a trusted advisor to customers and colleagues alike. You have a solid understanding of the startup environment and collaborate with peers and management around ways to continually improve the sales organization.
- Develop a strategic sales plan to effectively and efficiently cover the accounts within the assigned territory
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
- Determine customer’s’ pain points and align Phylos solutions with the customers’ strategic objectives
- Aggressively prospect and generate new relationships
- Become an expert in all aspects of the industry; gain a solid understanding of competition and anticipate market trends that drive proactive business decisions
- Represent the brand in a professional manner, evangelize the story and educate the consumers
- Favorably position Phylos by demonstrating technical knowledge and business expertise with the customer to match our solutions to their operational needs
- Differentiate Phylos from competitors using creativity and ingenuity
- Partner with and work collaboratively across internal functions
- Qualify and forecast deals accurately
- Positive energy and champion mindset to work within a fast growing start-up in an explosive industry
- Ability to form strong working relationships with diverse groups of people
- Open mindedness and willingness to innovate techniques, tactics, process and GTM methods
- Thorough understanding of marketing and negotiating technique
- Tech savvy and have the self-disciplined to religiously utilize assigned CRM and other business software to effectively plan and document the engagement progress in active accounts
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time, potential for international travel
- An undergraduate degree in sales, marketing or a related field and/or proven experience in sales or relevant role
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, GSuite, and social media
- Experience in the cannabis industry preferred
- Humor. You gotta have it.
Please submit only PDF cover letters and resumes.