At the Hawthorne Gardening Company (HGC) we want our people to empower more people to garden no matter where and how they choose to grow. We accomplish this by encouraging people to live happier, healthier lives through gardening. If you also feel this way then you’d fit in great with us!
We are looking for a Category Manager, HVAC Division who will grow at our Vancouver, WA corporate office.
As the Category Manager for HVAC you will be responsible for holistic management and continued development of the Ideal Air Brand and oversight of other HVAC related product lines.
In this role you will:
- Have fiscal responsibility for the Ideal Air Division
- Be responsible for the coordination with purchasing, sales, customer service and sourcing departments to provide product training, packaging instruction, manuals, marketing support etc.
- Oversee and is actively involved in product cost management and cost take-out, inventory management, sales activity/growth and awareness to the SKU level.
- Capture sales of key accounts.
- Be responsible for sales product forecasting and purchase order preparation that allows adequate lead-time to meet sales demand and allows for inventory “ramp down” for the slower seasonality of the product line.
- Manage the improvement/maintenance of our existing product offering, assist and help qualify new products and suppliers.
- Share oversight and mentorship of RMA team and Technical Service Support Specialists.
- Engage outside service providers as necessary and pre-approved service technicians.
- Develop business plan to service new markets (sales, sub-distribution, warranty, etc.).
- Interact, coordinate and collaborate with ETL Engineer to address compliance issues and testing
- Attend domestic and international trade shows to represent the company’s interests. This will be as both exhibitor and attendee. Some trade shows will require working weekends.
- Collaborate with sales and sourcing departments to establish company objectives, developing strategic plans, and identifying company strengths and weaknesses in order to achieve business opportunities and growth.
- Plan, organize, implement and evaluate outcomes of the department’s strategic plans.
The perfect person will have:
- Minimum 8 years of technical experience in Commercial HVAC systems ideally in a horticulture environment
- Bachelor’s degree focused in horticulture, agriculture or business related field
- High-level attention to detail and multi-tasking of several products/projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel 25% of the time across the U.S.
- Current experience managing multiple vendors and optimizing their performance
Some other nice to have’s:
- Horticulture, hydroponics, growing experience preferred
Not interested in this role? Check out our other career opportunities and learn more about what it’s like to work at Hawthorne Gardening Company by accessing our Talent Network: HGC Talent Network
The Hawthorne Gardening Company is a start-up company focused on hydroponic gardening. Dedicated to creating high quality products founded in social and environmental responsibility. Backed by the largest lawn and garden company in the U.S. (Scotts Miracle-Gro, NYSE: SMG) we bring new ideas, values, and culture to our endeavors without the constraints of a large corporation. We are an energetic, progressive-minded, sustainability-focused group of highly-motivated individuals, eager to share our love of gardening with the world.
The brands and products within our portfolio include: Sunlight Supply, General Hydroponics, General Organics, Vermicrop, Botanicare, AeroGarden, CanFilters and Gavita Lighting.
Hawthorne Gardening Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We ensure that our recruitment and interviewing practices are not discriminatory
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Hawthorne Gardening Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Hawthorne Gardening Company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.