We have created a new position for a data-driven VP of Marketing that is ready to hit the ground running. Bhang is tackling new markets across the U.S. We are on an accelerated growth path in one of the fastest growing industries in modern day history. This role drives all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing marketing strategy and brand initiatives.
We are seeking a visionary who will balance both the history of the Bhang brand and past successes with the understanding of our CEO’s vision for the future and the rapid trajectory our brand is experiencing, assisting in driving
that growth at an accelerated speed. The role is highly visible and offers a rare opportunity.
The VP of Marketing is a member of senior leadership which includes defining and executing the demand generation that will fuel our growth. We’re looking for a strong innovative marketer with executive presence. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience leading both B2B
and B2C marketing strategy and execution, including digital marketing in high growth businesses, and in managing a high-quality brand.
You are creative and think outside the box.
You love to work with a team.
You take direction and run with it.
You have an obsessive relationship with spreadsheets.
You regularly use terms like ROI.
You know how to attract your consumer.
You are able to stick to a budget and report results.
You know your way around a dispensary.
You have basic knowledge of cannabis, CBD, and hemp products.
- Develop comprehensive marketing strategies that advance and support company goals. Responsible for all development of brand-wide campaigns and promotions
- Work in conjunction with creative agency and graphic designer. Lead all ad, digital, event, brand and sales materials focusing on both B2B and B2C channels.
- Effectively manage social media marketing activities. Attend weekly meetings to advise and provide feedback. Report metrics. Oversee goals to build the brand’s digital presence through multiple channels and online social platforms.
- Suggest and oversee budget spend for social media promotions. Track and report on ROI.
- Create and manage budgets for the marketing department; track and report on ROI.
- Coordinate with licensees on marketing initiatives and oversee spend by Bhang corporate when appropriate.
- Develop innovative and non-traditional ways to go to the market to support brand objectives.
- Prepare End of Week Reports on status of initiatives.
- Keep and/or join interactive spreadsheets on all spend, initiatives and progress with KPIs and ROI. Make spreadsheets available to creative agency and principles.
- Build, create, and write POS material and content for multi-channel distribution, including distributor partners, direct to consumer, and c-stores.
- Work collaboratively with VP of Sales to determine the best strategy and approach for various channels.
- Integrate new and innovative ideas with traditional marketing campaigns to ensure all demographics are included in messaging.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure that the marketing campaign and content are in line with the overall business strategy and meet the needs of all key stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain a consistent image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events, while managing agency and vendor partners to adhere to same guidelines.
- Represent company at industry meetings; establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Ensure all content created is consistent in style and optimized for all channels. Lead internal branding initiatives and project streams for implementation of the Bhang brand.
- Prepare project briefs for cross-channel brand executions as requested and as needed.
- Manage executions including timeline, budgets and key deliverables.
- Prepare management reporting and advise on category trends and business performance utilizing internal and external data sources.
- Build promotional/product release calendar, budget and performance metrics and ensure all are visible to the leadership team.
- Lead market research, and share findings with creative agency and senior leadership as needed to collectively strategize innovation and product launch strategies.
- Undergraduate degree in business or marketing required, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of senior marketing experience, with at least 3+ years of experience for a CPG / FMCG company, preferably with a highly regulated product. Prior experience working at an agency is highly preferred
- Familiarity with managing and leveraging primary consumer research and manipulating multiple data sources to generate business insights, both traditional and non-traditional methods
- Demonstrated track record of building a marketing organization and holding responsibility for all marketing channels
- An understanding of brand positioning and brand strategies for a portfolio and demonstrate the ability to connect brand message
- Self-starter who is able to independently own and deliver on a diverse range of projects
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing a wide range of digital marketing strategies
- Experience developing and managing a brand, including messaging and positioning
- Understanding of the total marketing mix including digital, social, direct and the measurement and ROI for campaign execution
- Demonstrated proficiency in business writing, collateral and the broad range of marketing communication creation
- Ability to develop ads and oversee complex initiatives and drive them to a successful conclusion
- Strong peer collaboration skills and demonstrated success working across different functional areas
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of creativity and attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills, multi-tasking and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Knowledge of the cannabis industry helpful, but not required
About Gehl Search Partners
Regardless of the industry, Gehl Search Partners (GSP) is able to attract and engage the best fit for a wide range of positions in varying locations. However, our specialty is in professional recruitment within highly regulated industries such as Adult Beverage, Cannabis, and FMCG/CPG, both in the US and in Canada. Our primary focus is providing incredible talent within Sales, Marketing, Commercial Strategy and Planning, Finance, Accounting, and Administrative roles. We pride ourselves on placing talented professionals in positions that align with their long-term career goals and the long-term goals of our clients. We collaborate to identify, attract and onboard accomplished executives ranging from mid to senior level managers and directors through vice president and C-level management.